Friday, November 18, 2011

Helping crocuses spread?

Hello! I have white and purple crocuses growing in the backyard. I just love them to death and they seem like maybe they are spreading slowly. Some grow in clusters, others single. I've owned the house for 3 years but it is over 100 years old and I don't know how long the crocuses have been around back there. I've done nothing except admire the flowers.


Can you recommend a way to make more grow or grow over a larger area?





As a side note: I don't know if these are wild flowers or planted or if the purple is a hybrid and the white is the result of the plants reproducing. If you have info on that, I'll gladly take it.

Helping crocuses spread?
I guess you could dig some up after they have finished flowering and plant somewhere else.





Or just buy more, they are cheap enough


No comments:

Post a Comment